Photo Credits: The Straits Times
National cyclist Dinah Chan was Singapore’s hot favourite to defend her title at the 2015 SEA Games that took part on home soil. Two years ago, Dinah made a strong show at the 2013 SEA Games despite having sustained serious injuries from a road accident just three months before the Games, coming home with a historic gold medal. This year, due to an unfortunate case of suspected food poisoning, the Singapore cycling team was largely affected and thus Dinah managed a bronze medal.
Photo Credits: Sports Singapore
Fan and supporters must wonder how Dinah is doing at the current moment after her recovery. SportSanity was honoured to get a chance to speak with Dinah, and is happy to announce that she is back on track and is ready to come back stronger than before. A sneak peak on ‘What’s in you bag?’ showcased very useful essentials that Dinah carries around almost everyday!
1. Towel – Needless to say, an athlete training in such humidity in Singapore would need at least a small towel
2. Resistance Band & Trigger Ball – “Our gym trainer plans many exercises that involves resistance bands, sometimes there are not enough to go around, so I bring my own along just in case”
3. Compression Wear – Notice the compression wear has the Singapore flag on it, it was given by X-bionic during a Team Singapore camp last year. “The compression wear actually helps support and guide the muscles to fire correctly so that our muscle imbalance will not be too prominent”
4. Socks – This pair of polka dot socks are Dinah’s favourite! “The colorful polka dots give me a very happy feel!”
5. IPod – What are workouts at the gym without some music to go along?
6. Water Bottle – Only because hydration is most important
7. Sunglasses – Obviously (she even has a sunglass tan line)
8. Shoes – Light weight and easy to carry around, she’s able to switch between footwear easily!
Photo Credits: Jonathan Sng
The team at SportSanity wishes Dinah all the best in the upcoming races!