Tchoukball is played on court (27 X 17 meters) between two teams of seven players. To play the game, two official Tchoukball frames and a Tchoukball are needed. The Tchoukball frame is (which can be used by both teams) placed at each end of the court, behind a three-meter radius semi-circle which defines the forbidden zone.
To score a point, the team that has the ball has to shoot the ball at the net on either side of the court within the three-pass limit and the shot must successfully rebound onto the playing area. Players of the other team must place themselves according to where they expect the ball to land, so that they can catch it before it touches the floor. During the course of the game, the players of each team are not allowed to interfere with players of the other team: they may not intercept passes, interfere with the movements of the person carrying the ball or his teammates, or stop a defender from positioning himself to catch the ball after the rebound.
Fun Fact - It is pronounced at "chookball"
Fun Fact - It is the third most popular sport in Taiwan
A player scores a point for his team if he shots the ball off the net in such a manner that it cannot be caught by the other team before it touches the floor.
A player gives a point to the other team if:
* He misses the net when he shoots the ball.
* He shoots the ball and it lands outside the playing area.
* He shoots the ball and it bounces back, touching him.
* He shoots the ball and it lands in the forbidden zone - a non-playing area.
A player commits a fault if:
- He takes more than 3 footprints on the floor while in possession of the ball.
- He plays using his leg below his knees.
- He makes a fourth pass to his teammate.
- He makes contact outside the playing area or the forbidden zone while holding the ball.
- He drops the ball after it is passed to him.
- He voluntarily, or by error, catches a pass from the other team.
- He catches a ball off of the net that was shot by one of his teammates.
- He blocks his opponents from moving or stops them from freely passing the ball once they have gained possession.
After a fault, the ball is turn over to the other team and the game resumes with a breakdown from the spot where the fault was committed. A pass must be made before the ball can be shot at the net.
If the ball hits the metal frame OR if the path of the ball does not follow the natural trajectory after hitting the net, the attacker may not receive a point. This is a ³Faulty Rebound² fault and the game resumes with a breakdown from the spot where the ball touches the playing area. The ball is given to the team which was defending at the time of the fault. It is a fault to shoot the ball more than three consecutive times at the same net by both teams.
After a point is scored, the player restart by throwing the ball from behind the base line to his team mate.This throw is not count as one of the team¹s three passes.
Try out Tchoukball today!
Here are a few tips to get you started.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED